Friday, November 27, 2009

More 7 Quick Takes

1. There was some happy drama at my Thanksgiving celebration this year. My step-dad has 3 sons, all younger than me, but legally adults (26, 24, 22) and we never lived together, grew up together, anything. Daddy Fuss and I have been married longer than my mom and step-dad. But through family get-togethers (read: major holidays) e've met several times and they know Daddy Fuss and Fuss, etc. I would not say they are close, though I wouldn't mind knowing them better. They are nice guys. The oldest, TJ is in the army and is currently deployed overseas. We recently found out that he and his fiancee' have been legally married for almost 2 years. In addition, the youngest - E, who is in the Navy, also got secretly married in Vegas. But we knew about that at least a week in advance.
2. My step-dad's first wife was in attendance, which I was worried would be... awkward? uncomfortable? weird? But it wasn't. She was very nice, personable, even got along well with Fuss and was just "part of the family." My great-aunt even took a picture of the boys, their dad and my mom and their mom all together. It was really cute.
3. I got to spend a little more time talking with my step-brothers (well, 2 of them - TJ is overseas) this time around and I really like them. And the fact that they played with Fuss and she was enthralled by them didn't hurt. I think she might have another crush on E. She would walk over to him, wherever he was sitting, tug on his arm and hold up hers arms. He always obliged. He even played dolls with her for a few minutes.
4. My youngest SIL, LP goes to the Black Friday Madness every year - she starts at whatever store is opening the earliest - this year and last the local outlet mall is opening at midnight - and shops and shops until she has either hit all the stores she wanted and basically completed her entired Christmas list or until she passes out from exhaustion. While there is NO WAY I would be able to go as long as she does, this is the first year in awhile that I really wanted to go out with her. I haven't done the Black Friday early wake up thing in at least 5 years. But I was itching to this time out. Of course, I had to work, so there was no option - not even to hit the outlet mall at midnight and then come home and go to bed, because I cannot function on that little sleep. But I'm hoping to hit the stores this weekend anyhow.
5. I am so tired these days. I think my lack of good sleep might be catching up to me. I sleep 7-8 hours each night, but they aren't always GOOD sleep. And Daddy Fuss has a cold, so he starts to snore and when I wake up, for whatever reason, I find it hard to fall back to sleep with him snoring beside me. I need a nap.
6. I will be going to my childhood best friend's baby shower this weekend. I haven't seen her face to face in ages, we mostly communicate on Facebook these days. But it will be nice to see her, see her mom and see some other old friends from back in the day. I seem to be in a better mindset than I was 2 weeks ago when my other friend had a shower, so I'm hoping and thinking that I'll do fine this time.
7. And on that note, AF is due sometime this weekend (oh yeah, maybe that's why I'm tired) and I'm hoping she shows up on time and without too much drama. I am ready for this cycle to be over, to put it behind me and begin anew.

And on that note, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and are getting geared up for a wonderful holiday season!

Conversion Diary
took a break this week from 7 Quick Takes, but I didn't get the memo until I'd already written mine. :) If you want more 7 Quick Takes, I'd suggest a look at her archives... ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of people did not get the word that Jen was taking the week off. Nonetheless, it is always good to reflect on the immediate past, with or without the prompt of quick takes -- as you just did!

    ReplyDelete