Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25

Today, November 25th there are a few things going on... I'm not in the writing mood, really, so I apologize for the bullet points

  • Fuss is officially 21 months old today! I can't believe she is getting so big!
  • Yesterday I got my blood work done to verify that everything was good post-miscarriage. I got the results and I'm back to normal, as expected.
  • After the blood draw, we went to breakfast and Fuss had a bit of peanut butter. She then got a rash all around her mouth and got splotchy all over her face where she had been rubbing and touching. We were concerned about an allergic reaction, so I took her to the pediatrician. By the time we arrived, her face had returned to normal, but we got a referral for an allergist to get her tested for a just-in-case situation. Her doctor said that it could be nothing, or it could be a warning sign that the next time it won't go away so easily. In the meantime, we'll be avoid nuts.
  • My husband came home early today! It's awfully nice to have him home, have things more relaxed, since we have no responsibilities, really, for the rest of the weekend. (I have to work Friday morning, but it should be a very easy day). His job is getting more and more stressful and shows no signs of easing up until at least the first of the year. It's nice to have a bit of a break for a few days.
  • I'm really disliking myself these days - my physical appearance, etc. I know there are things I can and should do about this, but I get so discouraged. I'm almost up to my non-pregnant heaviest weight again and I hate the way my body looks. My hair is being tempermental lately and I hate my current haircut. (I can usually wash my hair every other day, with the occasional possibility of going an extra day when needed. Lately, I get all oily and gross if more than 36 hours go by without a shampoo). Drives me crazy. Not even a good application of make-up really brings me up. And I desperately want to have my nice manicured nails back (something I gave up when Fuss was born and I stopped working)
  • We need to get our family Christmas photos done soon and I've been on my husband to make the appointment with his friend for 2 months (I wanted 18 month pictures done of Fuss. oops) We are quickly running out of time, and I wish I knew what was causing him to drag his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment