Monday, November 16, 2009

More.

I just found out that a friend of mine who was pregnant with me the first time is expecting (due July 12). We were pregnant w/ our girls together - her due date last time was 10 days before mine (though Dally came early and I had to wait. I think the girls are about a month apart) so 2 of the 3 girls from my SS class that I was PG with the first time are now PG w/ their second.

I don't begrudge my friends their babies, their healthy pregnancies, their NOT having to go through a miscarriage, but it makes me miss mine even more.

I'm surrounded by pregnant friends. I am happy for them, but it sometimes makes it harder to move on from my own disappointment.

Went to MOPs last week and we wrote down our prayer requests in small group. In the past, we haven't prayed for them out loud - just the leaders read them and we all know to pray for each other, just not always about WHAT. But the new mentor mom prayed and read each card and prayed specifically for each request, so now my small group knows about my miscarriage. I'm not embarrassed, but I wasn't really planning to announce it, you know? Frustrating.

I feel like I'm harping on this, but I just need to get it out... need to put my thoughts down so that I can get them out of my head...

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. I'm so sorry to read about your recent miscarriage. Even more sorry to hear about being surrounded by pregnant friends, too.

    Good thoughts being sent your way.

    (And thanks for stopping by my blog, too.)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone should know about your miscarriage, it should be your small group. That's what they are there for. To lift you up and support you and pray for you and love on you.

    I'm sorry about your struggles. I know I don't know you but I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete