1. What gift are you most proud of giving?
The Christmas after my parents split up, I bought and gave my mom a sapphire bracelet. It was not cheap, but not terribly expensive. I gave her a bunch of presents that year and it was the best Christmas we spent together up to that point. My dad was terrible about giving presents and had given up giving her gifts a few years before. I wanted to make sure my mom had an extra special Christmas to make up for it. That was the first year that I remember being way more excited about what I was giving than what I was going to receive.
2. What’s the best gift you ever received?
My engagement ring or my "pushing" gift from Fuss's birth. I love them both and wear them as often as I can.
3. In honor of my husband: What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
In first grade a boy in my class jumped on a metal pole I was dragging and split my finger open to the bone. I got 32 stitches and had to hang out in the ER all day waiting for the plastic surgeon to finish his golf game or something.
4. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Who’s 15 minutes has gone on far too long? (The Gosselins are not acceptable answers, be more creative.)
Octomom would have to be my first answer. But there really are so many...
5. You have 20 minutes and $1000. What do you buy?
Likely a computer. I would love a nice, brand-new lap top.
6. Tell me three blogs that I need to read.
1. MightyMaggie: Because she is fun and real and just a really awesome person. I wish we live on the same side of the country, because I want to be her best friend. Plus, she posts 5 days a week!
2. Julia @ Here Be Hippogriffs: I've been reading Julia forever (okay, since 2006 or so) and I get so excited when I see a new post. She has some of the cutest kids ever and I just adore her writing style and well, she's just so much fun.
3. The Mom Job: Amanda always has such interesting topics and while she is usually a "Mommy blogger" she talks about plenty of stuff that isn't mom-related, too.
There are a couple of others that I would have listed, but you only asked for 3 and my other favorites are password protected.
7. Would you rather go without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
Pizza, I guess. No, ice cream. I can't decide! I can go long periods without pizza, but then, when I want it, I HAVE to have it. And ice cream? Well, me and Daddy Fuss love us some ice cream...
8. Would you rather go to a beach or a snowy mountain?
Mountain. But then, I live near the beach, so it's not so exciting for me. And I burn easy, so too much sun, etc. And you get all that sand everywhere... Give me a mountain vacation any day.
9. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Before I got married I would have said morning person with no question. But I married a night owl and we seem to have evened each other out - we both go to bed before 11 and like to sleep as long as the Fuss will let us.
10. What word do you always misspell?