Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 8 Monday, Sunday

I wore my 30 for 30 clothes yesterday, but the outfit was lackluster. Seeing as the furthest I ventured from my house was the grocery store and that I'd had very little sleep the night before, that I even put forth the effort was commendable. But I didn't take a picture. Does it count? I'm gonna say it does, since I stuck to the rules.

I wore my black v-neck tee (Target - this season!) and jeans and added a long necklace w/ pink clustered crystals. It was obtained from my mom's house, but this was piece of jewelry that she and I shared eons ago and I don't remember who it actually belonged to, only that I left it behind (on purpose, thinking I'd never wear it again) when I moved out. I confess that I threw on my Birkenstocks to go to the grocery store (as predicted - they were part of my 30 for 30 since I knew I would cave. But I think it's the first time I've worn them in public all week, so that's something)

I'm struggling w/ this challenge already - not because I can't come up w/ different combinations, but because they don't work with my life. I abhor tucking things in because A) I have to untuck every 2 hours to feed Little Man and B) I'm still trying to lose weight and tucking in a shirt and then taking a picture of myself makes me realize just how fat I really am right now.

We had a good day around the house, despite the rough night before and the kids not feeling 100% (Fuss had some tummy upset and a mild fever while she was out w/ her aunts the day before. I will sum all of that up by complaining that my sisters-in-law bought and gave my toddler medicine (acetaminophen) without so much as calling to ask me if that was okay. I even talked to my one SIL for a minute or 2 after Fuss had thrown up twice and was not told that that had happened. I don't know that I would have had them do any different, but I feel that I should be informed and consulted when my child shows signs of being ill while in their care. Is that too much to ask?)

2 comments:

  1. That was my whole weekend with clothes - I was terrible and I refused to take pictures :)

    Sorry the kids weren't feeling good! I hope they get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be furious if anyone other than my husband gave my child medicine without asking!

    ReplyDelete