Thursday, November 4, 2010

2 months and space problems

After several weeks of having the painting done in Fuss's new room, we still haven't moved her in. We were waiting for a dresser from Daddy Fuss's mom's house (the one he had as a kid) but her hoarding has since gotten even worse and it is completely buried and there is no even remotely easy way to get to it. (the things in front of it would have to be moved out of the room they are in, down the hall and who knows where - because the house is THAT crowded w/ junk - before we could get to the dressers to move them out of the room, down the hall and out the door to our vehicle) So now we have to find/buy another dresser for Fuss's room to give her some drawer space. (Note to self: Search IKEA's website for options)



On the Little Man front: He had his 2 month appointment yesterday and is 13 lbs, 5 oz! He is officially in 3-6 month sized clothes (incidentally, I dressed him yesterday in the outfit I brought him home in - which swam on him back then. The socks were way too small and left the little ridge marks around his ankles when I took them off at the Dr's office - I didn't put them back on - and the creeper was fairly snug fitting!) This puts him in the 90th percentile for weight. (he's been in the 50th percentile for head size, height and weight since birth) He's still in the 50th percentile for head size and height, but he's growing according to normal breast-fed baby patterns (they tend to put on weight faster in the beginning and then slow down later, according to my Dr) so everyone is happy. The Dr went so far as to praise my breast milk this time around - a far cry from 6 weeks ago when she was suggesting that I supplement!

Of course, his growing just presents more space problems on the wardrobe front, as I need drawer and closet space for him and I can't get any with all her stuff in place. I feel a little bad for him, since he's been living out of boxes since he came home from the hospital vs. me having everything perfect and organized for her when she was born. I guess this is what happens when you are born the 2nd child, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying to spend money on stuff like kids dressers?? I'm sure little man doesn't care at all about living out of a suitcase. And it saves you the job of unpacking/repacking his clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's bigger than Henry! Still in 0-3 clothes here, which is great because I have tons of them and not so much of the other sizes :)

    ReplyDelete