Tuesday, June 14, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
When I say it by itself, I typically say it as rhyming with "haunt", but if paired with a name - especially when talking to my daughter about her "Aunts", it comes out closer to "can't". I had an English teacher in school who used to insist that "ants" are little bugs that run around on the ground.

2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
I'm mostly anonymous.

3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
I prefer them to bag, traditionally use plastic bags, but I'd use reusable if A) I had enough reuseable bags to make it work, B) I remembered to bring my reusable bags, C) My husband would let me buy some reusable bags to use. I have a handful, all given as gifts by my mom or as promos from some store or another. But not nearly enough to do my grocery shopping.

4. Do you have a green thumb?
When I remember to work on my plants, they do very well. That tends so come in phases. I've had some amazing success with Dahlia bulbs that I once had a master gardener tell me I wouldn't be able to grow in this FL heat. (ha!) These gorgeous, crimson bulbs lasted all spring and most of the summer because I watered them daily. But with this heat, if you forget 1-2 days, your flowers are done for.

5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
I rarely watch FN. And right now, the only shows I can think of are Rachael Ray and Paula Dean, not so much because I watch them, but because they are well-known.

6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
Sometimes I'm in a mood for a bath. I don't get one often. There being only one bathroom in our house really prevents anyone from hogging it long-term and expecting any privacy. And if I'm taking a bath, I want it to be relaxing.

7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
Pale ice blue.

8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
INDOORS. God allowed man to invent air conditioning for a reason.

9. Describe your ideal weather.
High of 75 and sunny. We get maybe a week of that per year here.

10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
Italian maybe? Just for fun. Spanish for practicality. Of course, there's a debate around here about whether Spanish should be considered a "foreign" language, since there is a large Spanish-speaking community in the state of FL. :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reusable grocery bags. They make carrying groceries inside so much easier.

    How was your doctor's appointment?

    ReplyDelete