1. Liz made the comment at my appointment the other day about how they use sleep deprivation on prisoners of war, etc. I've read that before, but I think I read it as this humorous little anecdote that they put in the books about the early days of having a baby at home to remind you that you are cranky, but it will get better. But I'm now taking it more seriously. My kids have it in for me and if sleep is what I need to get better - get back to "normal," to be more balanced, then... well, I just don't know how to get there living in this house. (not that I'm planning to leave or anything, but my kids are both causing troubles in the sleep arena lately.)
2. My house is a mess. I've been planning on my summer project being to weed out and re-organize, but I've had some other things to deal with and now we're halfway through June and I haven't begun. I need a bunch of boxes. It's donation time, ladies and gentlemen. I am DONE with the overflow of junk.
3. Busytown Mysteries and Go, Diego, Go have been a joy on Netflix. My daughter is always willing to watch one of those shows and mostly they don't annoy me to insanity.
4. My son has attached himself to his blankie that I made him. This is wonderful on one hand, because it means he's got a comfort object AND that it's something I made him, but on the other hand, I was going to try and make him a lighter-weight lovie and I can't find the spare supplies for the copy of the one I already made him, so I can't seem to get him to let go of this one long enough to clean it.
5. Sometimes in the middle of the night when I'm rocking the baby back to sleep (again) he snuggles up to me and I swear, he's trying to share my skin.
6. Tomorrow is my anniversary. We've been married 6 years. I'm looking forward to a night out with my wonderful husband.
7. The newest picture of my kids together is amazingly beautiful to me.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.