1. Another day, another headache. Did I mention that after 50 days without a period, I finally got mine again? This breast feeding cycle really sucks. And the hormonal headaches are seriously trying to kill me.
2. I've been playing with some digital designs for cards/invitations and I'm hoping to open my own Etsy shop. Stay tuned for updates.
3. My mother-in-law bought us a (groupon) kayaking session for two for Christmas. I am SO not an outdoorsy type and if I wanted to go kayaking - ever - I'd go w/ my mom who loves kayaking so much she owns her own. But anyhow, we're going this weekend. Yip. Eee. (Cancelled due to availability.)
4. We're also getting together with our best friends this weekend. My best friend and her husband and kids. There is a new member of the family that we haven't met yes - my best friend's 13-year-old step-son (who is now starting to have a relationship with his dad for the first time) so that should be interesting. We haven't hung out with theme since April, so it will be nice to see them and hang out for awhile.
5. I think I might have finally decided on a theme for Little Man's birthday - and it's not really a theme. I picked the colors and it's a bunch of shapes for the card I designed. I think we'll take the idea of the "block" party and make all the food standard shapes (squares, circles, triangles, etc.) I need to get my husband to sign off on it, but I think he'll be fine.
6. Bought a groupon deal for family pictures. I'm psyched. The photographer is a friend I went to art school with (who I lost track of over the last 3 years or so) and her portfolio is awesome. I cannot wait to do this. I have been wanting some beautiful, creative family pictures for ages and this came as a great deal, plus the added bonus of Tracy being a friend.
7. I am looking for an all-to-mostly satin, lightweight blanket for Little Man. I cannot find anything like that even on Etsy. Everyone has a lot of the fluffy/furry/fleecey/minky stuff with a little bit of satin, but he LOVES the feel of satin and just gets SO hot with the heavier stuff on the blanket. I'm thinking about contracting a friend who just opened her own Etsy store who is a great sewer to do it so that it's nicer than my skill level, but I don't know how much she'll charge and I can't afford a lot.