Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

My husband is awesome. On Father's day he let ME sleep in. He made breakfast, he took us out to lunch and then to the wine store. He helped me reorganize the big bookshelf in our living room, which I've been wanting to do since I was pregnant last summer. We've begun the clean up and clear out portion of my summer project of reorganizing and downsizing. He made dinner, too. (I helped, but we were in the mood for one of the meals that was really more his forte, so he did it.) He even let me take a nap. (He relaxed, too, by watching some stupid movie on Netflix, but at least I didn't have to watch it!) He played with his kids and spent time with me. We had one thing we had to pick up at the store and when he declared that he really had no interest in going out to get it, I went to the grocery store by myself while he stayed home with the kids.

It was also our anniversary this weekend. Six years of married happiness! We went to a beautiful dinner on Saturday night and while we stayed out late enough that the kids should have been sound asleep when we returned, they weren't. The Little Man doesn't do so well on the bottle. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment