Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 on Tuesday

Questions for Tuesday, February 1, 2011!

1. What is your favorite childhood memory?

I would guess it would be something to do with the vacations I took every summer to the NC mountains. Being a girl from very flat Florida, the mountains were so amazing to me... and my grandparents would rent this house (we called it a cabin, but it had all the comforts of home, with the exception of cable TV) and they and my mom and I would all go up... my grandparents' best friends also owned a summer house up there (nicer than our rental, but then, they lived there for 5 mos of the year or more) and we would get together with them... so much fun, so simple, and I wish I had some way to show my husband and my kids what those vacations were like.

2. What is your favorite quality about yourself?

I've been trying to figure this out lately. As a kid, it would have been something like "creativity" or "friendliness" all things I got called by my teachers in elementary school. But now, I don't think I'm that creative anymore and I'm not as friendly as I used to be (and sometimes, I think my friendliness comes across as desperation instead of being friendly...)

3. What is your favorite thing that your child does?

I love when Little Man starts to laugh. It's this low chuckle and it's adorable.

I love it when Fuss says something sweet and poignant. Like when I ask her "how'd you get to be so beautiful?" and she says "because God made me beautiful."

4. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?

Read.

5. What is your favorite restaurant? And what is your favorite thing on the menu?

My favorite restaurant changes with my moods (I love to eat out). I'd say right now, my favorite reastaurant is Ban Thai Thai and Sushi and my favorite thing is their "Screaming Orgasm" sushi roll. (I didn't make up that name - it's on the menu)

6. What is your favorite piece of jewelry (besides your wedding ring)?

I have a handful of pendants that I love, but I haven't figured out how to wear them together, so I always wear them separately. My favorites are the amethyst and peridot pendant that I got the day Fuss was born, the Past, Present, Future diamond pendant I got for my 25th birthday from my husband, and my sapphire pendant that I got the day Little Man was born.

7. What is your favorite night of the week M-TH? And why?

Tuesdays. Mostly because of what is on TV on Tuesdays (NCIS, White Collar) and that there isn't a lot of stress on Tuesdays. No softball games, no commitments, etc.


8. What is your favorite dessert?

Again, depends on my mood. But I'd say that the best thing is the apple blob (an apple crisp of sorts) that my husband makes me. Or in his newly found penchant for making cheesecakes... his raspberry cheesecake.

9. What is your favorite item in your make-up bag?

Favorite item for fun is my lipgloss - sheer and shimmery, with a hint of peach color. But my must-have item is my eye liner. Otherwise, my eyes tend to get lost...

10. What is your favorite smell?

Lately it is Lemongrass. I also love the smell of my husband's cologne (Obsession) and Little Man's baby soap (Johnson's Oatmeal and Vanilla).

No comments:

Post a Comment