1. I completely forgot to post yesterday. Just slipped my mind. Oops. I wonder if this is a sign that I'm getting old?
2. I am done - Done - DONE! with my Christmas shopping! I have some things to wrap and then all of my gifts are taken care of. I am thrilled by this, although I love Christmas shopping and giving Christmas presents! But dealing with the shops and the malls and such with 2 kids the week before Christmas sounds more like a nightmare to me!
3. The one exception to this is the gifts that my dad asked me to choose for myself and my husband. He basically gave me money and told me to find something for his girlfriend (birthday and Christmas), Little Man and my husband and myself. I am struggling with what to do for my husband and myself. On one hand, we could use the money for something bigger that we really want. On the other hand, he could have very easily just handed me money and said Merry Christmas if he had wanted to give us money, but he asked me to shop. I think he wants something for us to open on Christmas Eve at his house. I may have to venture out to the store and buy a sweater or something.
4. We are trying to decide if we want to do a non-traditional Christmas dinner. The current front-runners are a Cajun/Creole feast or lasagna. I would love to do the Cajun thing, but I fear that we would end up doing even more cooking than if we had a traditional dinner (everyone brings a side when we do traditional) and I don't really want to trash out my kitchen the day of Christmas with my husbands exuberant cooking fun new dishes!
5. My Christmas cards turned out beautifully. I am so happy with them! Thanks, Shutterfly!
6. The Little Man had a rough week with nighttime wakings/feedings. I don't know if it was weather related (it has been COLD here!) or what. Unfortunately, Fuss has also had a rough week, so both of us have been up with the kids multiple times in the night. Not fun.
7. I'm done working for my dad (again). I hope that both of these new people stick and that we don't have any more disasters in the employment department. I enjoyed getting a couple of paychecks, but it was SO hard on the kids. And on me. I'm glad to be done.
For more quick takes, click here.