Tuesday, December 28, 2010

10 on a Cold Tuesday


1. What was the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?
I didn't really have a number one. I wanted clothes. I also wanted an iPod, but I had no "have to" item on my list.

2. Did you get the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?
I got a few sweaters - some that I like (that I picked out myself) and one that I don't. (an unfortunate selection by my mother. she's usually so good with clothes for me and she really missed this time. I told her I wanted an embellished cardigan and I got a frumpy, plain one. That doesn't fit right and makes me look like I'm about 20 lbs heavier than I am.) And I got an iPod Nano that I love, but the earbuds have already died, so I have to go buy some new ones.

3. How long has it been since you’ve had a pedicure?
A couple of months. My mom and I go periodically. I think the last one was mid October for my step-brothers' weddings.

4. How cold is it in your city today?
Today was forecasted to be high of 52. Up from yesterday which was 49! This is cold for us. To give you an idea, the average temperature for December 27th (yesterday) is 58. So we're cold. I just turned up the heat.

5. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. I recently gave up my body pillow that was my companion all through pregnancy.

6. Can you roll your tongue?
Nope. I once heard it was genetic, but both my parents can and my daughter can, so now I'm wondering if I'm a freak.

7. Do you always buy the same mascara or do you try new ones each tube?
I used to only ever use the freebies that they give you in the department store make-up counter gifts. If I have to buy some, I prefer to find ones with the conditioning stuff in a double-ended tube.

8. What’s your favorite cookbook?
Either our Betty Crocker one or the 3-ring binder I've created with our favorite internet/newspaper/magazine recipes.

9. What was your first pet?
My parents had a dog when I was born, her name was Duchess and she was a collie/shepherd mix. She ran off before I was really old enough to remember her (I was maybe 2?) A few years later we adopted a bird we named Feathers who had been hurt and rescued by my aunt. But I don't know that she was "mine". My very own first pet was a hamster named Cutie.

10. Do you wear jewelry on a daily basis?
I wear my wedding rings (nearly) every day. I usually wear a watch, though less often since the baby was born and only rarely since the gold plating has chipped off the edge and it now has a sharp edge that is causing a rashy thing on my wrist. I wear a necklace and earrings most days.


More 10 on Tuesday here.

No comments:

Post a Comment