Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Want to shop

I've been spending a lot of time lately online window shopping. By that I mean I look and I search and I play around, but I don't buy. I'm still at a size that I'd like to slim down and I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of clothes just to do it again in a short time. However, I'm also very aware that my closet is very lacking.

I spend a lot of time looking at outfit ideas that often include
A) Items I can't afford even if I want to (Who would buy a $2000 clutch purse? I don't get it.)
B) Items I can't justify spending money on (like really adorable shoes that I won't wear very often)
C) Items that just aren't all that practical for the life I lead (dresses, dressy skirts, etc. Keep in mind I'm still nursing full-time so I'm lifting my shirt up ever 2-3 hours during the day and I spend a lot of time crawling around on the floor with my kids.)

But a girl can dream , right?

I've lost one jeans size (compared to my pre-pregnancy size) so that's a step in the right direction, and I'm planning to start some exercise (I got the 30 Day Shred DVD for Christmas) within the next week. (I was planning to start Monday, but the combination of the cold weather and a few much earlier than I wanted mornings with the baby and... I WILL start sometime between now and the 1st. I will!) So it's silly to go crazy with the buying...

But I want to SHOP! And I want pretty clothes, not just jeans and t-shirts. But when would I wear them? My reality is that I wear casual, functional, comfortable, washable clothes 7 days a week. I wear somewhat dressy clothes for a few hours on Sunday mornings and I sometimes dress up for an evening out with my husband or girlfriends. (I would say that it would be generous to say that I do this once a month.) And honestly, I am too practical to spend a lot of money on clothes I'm not going to wear.

I'm both talking myself into and out of buying clothes, all in the same post. This is the life I lead, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment