Thursday, December 2, 2010

Man, I feel like a Woman (Day 23)

Okay, so I couldn't think of a better title than that.

I have been planning this outfit - at least in part - since the beginning of 30 for 30. At least the tie with the button down. It was inspired by the episode of Gilmore Girls where Richard and Emily do their vow renewal and Rory is the "best man." (for those who care, episode 5.13 Wedding Bell Blues - I was almost positive it was season 6, but I was wrong.) Then I got this new hat and, well, even better! I was excited about it. But when I met up with my husband for lunch, he sort of looked at me funny. I don't think he was impressed. He told me he "had to get used to it," whatever that means. So then I started to second guess myself. And I LOVE hats - I like them on other people, I like wearing them, but I always feel self-conscious in them once I'm out in public. I feel like people are staring at me and wondering who the freak is who is wearing the hat and why, oh, why did she think that was a good idea?

So the jury is still out on this outfit.

So anyhow, here's the specs: Shirt - (Paul Harris, approximately 15 years old), jeans, tie (husbands - borrowed from his side of the closet), hat (gifted - Target), boots (Kohl's - this fall).

What's YOUR take on it?
(sorry, no pictures. will hopefully be posted at a later date when we can figure out how to get the darn things off my camera...)

No comments:

Post a Comment