1. Fuss has had a difficult week. Bad attitude, contrariness, tantrums, etc. Her afternoon naps have been shorter than they've been over the recent weeks and I don't know if that is a contributing factor (I always let her wake on her own) or if there is some sort of growth or developmental spurt at play and we're going into/coming out of it at this point and so that's what's up. Let's just say that I cannot handle another week like this. I was actually sad to see that today was Friday (and not Saturday) since I feel this week has gone on entirely too long already.
2. I have 2 friends who were due with their babies this week and one popped in the middle of the night last night! Congrats to N! Welcome to the world, little girl!
3. My goal is to be a little more zen in the "could this be preterm labor?" dept. I don't want another trip to the hospital if I can avoid it (until delivery, of course!) so I'm going to stop counting the contractions unless they really HURT. Had one of those yesterday, but since it never reappeared, I'm good to go!
4. I am not sleeping well. I have trouble getting comfortable at all hours of the night, despite daily fatigue, and typically get few than 3 hours of GOOD sleep per night, plus somewhere between 30-60 minutes of a nap during the day. This is not ideal for me.
5. The construction on my house/new room is at a (temporary, I hope) standstill because of an unexpected (sort of) work-related issue my dad has to deal with. I am not thrilled. I am ready to have some walls again. My mom keeps offering her handyman's services (she has a terrific guy who has done a ton of work for her, and I think he's great, but I don't know if we can afford to add his labor costs to the costs of the supplies since that wasn't part of the plan originally). I have actually had a few moments where I wondered if I could go out there and do it myself (but the answer is no. I have no skill w/ a saw)
6. My kitchen is a disaster area. And I have little motivation. I wonder what happened to all that motivation/energy from the past few weeks?
7. I got my first sunburn in awhile. And it was due to my own stupidity. How else would you describe taking my daughter swimming from 11:15-12:15 in a fully-sunny pool and not going ahead and asking my friend to put some sunscreen on my back, even though I thought about it twice? Brilliant. That's me!
For more Quick Takes, click here.