Sunday, June 27, 2010

In the rich man's world...

Do you know how rough it is to argue about money with a man who is pretty generous? It's annoying. It's annoying because you feel like a selfish wench. When he wants to pay for everybody's meal when we go out to dinner w/ family, or pay for an expensive lunch for two when he meets up with the best man from our wedding (who has $5 in his savings account) to talk about a business opportunity said friend has coming up... or forgive a HUGE debt his mother owes us, despite the fact that she makes US pay back every penny if we owe her for something...

And it's not so much an argument, as it is a discussion (my husband is always calm... unless he's behind the wheel of a car...) but I feel like a very low human being when I question these choices.

We both have the problem of spending an extra 2, 3, 5, 10 dollars and have gotten bad about sticking perfectly to our budget (as we were doing pretty well in the last 3 years) and now we have to get back into the habit of watching more closely. Sometimes it makes me mad. Sometimes I just want what I want when I want it and I envy my friends who either have so much they can do that or are totally fine w/ just racking up the debt so they can live the way they want to... I don't want to end up in debt - I love that we have gotten out of that - but sometimes it would be nice to just do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment