Monday, June 7, 2010

The usual updates...

This weekend was nice, since I had done so much work on the house during the week, I didn't have to do much over the weekend. I should have done some laundry, because now I am behind, again, but hey! that will give me something to do this week, right? We didn't do a lot of outside fun-stuff, but we were able to spend time together, accomplish stuff, and relax a bit.

At my OB appt this morning, the Dr. checked my belly and then asked how big Fuss had been. 8lbs, 12 oz and he laughed and said, "well you must just make big babies!" Apparently this one already seems big to him - not like scary big, but bigger than the average 26 1/2 week gestational baby. This is expected, since statistics show that 2nd babies are bigger than first babies, and also that boys are bigger than girls. I am not surprised by this info and have been expecting a big baby all along after the surprise I got just before Fuss was born. (At the time, since I hadn't gained a ton of weight, I was expecting a slightly smaller baby - not realizing the genetics that I had working here. My husband's family were all big babies and my dad was over 9lbs himself. I was a 7lb, 8oz, so I had never given thought to having a larger baby than average.)

Fuss got to spend the morning w/ her Aunt Zizi who is house-sitting for a family with a pool and two fun-loving dogs who love to go swimming, so she was able to go swimming w/ Zizi and the 2 dogs while I was at the OB. She had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment