Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Recliner

Here's a picture of my new recliner. I am completely in love with being able to put my feet up at the end of the day... it's supportive and comfy and I am looking forward to spending many hours in it w/ the baby as we bond. It also rocks, so it will be GREAT for baby-caring. It's a narrower recliner - so Daddy Fuss isn't quite as enamored with it as I am (he's a bigger guy) but in the end, I think it will be fine. (We won't be fighting over the chair as often, right?)

Now, I have to tell you about our pick up process. Since it was a fairly small purchase, we decided to pick it up instead of having it delivered (which costs a little chunk of money, of course) and we have a mini van and have access to a much larger van (my dad's) so if it was WAY larger than I though it would be, we could always use Dad's van. (we didn't have to - it was fine in the mini van).

But apparently, Friday nights are not busy nights (usually) for furniture pick up and they were not well-staffed in the pick up department. They had one employee dealing with all the customers who were trying to pick up (we were one of four when we showed up) and the first order was missing, so it took forever to get that sorted out while everyone else waited while they tracked it down and rescheduled the pick up. Then, there was a lady with a small SUV who was trying to pick up 5 or more boxes... she had to call a friend to come with a truck to get the rest. (seriously? How can you NOT know that that much furniture is not going to fit in your SUV? At least part of it was an outdoor patio set. Gotta be bigger than her SUV, even with some assembly required.) The 3rd customer in front of us was quick and easy, so that was nice, but then when he gave us our chair, he warned us that he had JUST sprayed it with the furniture treatment, which smelled pretty strong and we couldn't sit in it for at least 2 hours. This wasn't a problem, since we were going to dinner, except that the fumes then stunk up the van. And I'm a little irritated that it took 2 days to get the chair when WE were picking it up and they didn't do the treatment until we showed up. The ad for the chair said that each store had 10 of these chairs, so wouldn't you think they'd have them in stock and wouldn't have to wait for a delivery of them? Grrrr.

Having nothing to do with the actual furniture service, we accidentally had a major diaper leak situation, which we didn't realize until we got to the restaurant. I had to run to Target (across the parking lot) to grab some diapers, some wipes and a new outfit for Fuss (found an outfit for under $6), since I also hadn't brought the diaper bag with me. (Daddy Fuss surprised me with the dinner out thing.)

All in all, the evening started out frustrating and not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, but ended up really enjoyable - getting to spend some relaxing time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment