Friday, February 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. I'm not really sure what is going on with this crib-to-bed transition we have going on here. She napped in her big girl bed the last two days and did it well. But thus far is not settling down for the evening slumber in the slightest. We are trying to get her to do this without a fight, but I'm wondering that is the best way to go. A friend suggested removing the crib and not giving her the choice anymore, but I have no idea what to do with the crib in the mean time.

2. We are supposed to be having a garage sale on Saturday, but a former co-worker of my husband's passed away this week and his funeral is on Saturday. He will likely not take me with him - another friend and former co-worker will probably go with him and we don't exactly have a babysitter and it's not at a church I'm terribly familiar with (I visited there once when I was 5 - it's the local Catholic church and I don't know if there will be a way to handle Fuss during what will likely be a long quiet process...) so I don't know what to do about the sale.

3. My husband was very nice to me tonight and when I asked him to take me to dinner, he acquiesced. At 4:30 I had no energy whatsoever. I had done some laundry and dishes, and dealt with a 2-year-old all morning and I just had nothing more to give. This baby is kicking my rear. Or maybe it's his/her sister that is doing the rear kicking.

4. I'm adjusting better to the idea of a potential boy for my second child. I've gotten to the point where it's pretty much accepted and I won't be shocked when/if the u/s tech tells me it's a boy. Don't think there won't still be a little fretting on my part if/when that happens.

5. My mom kept a bunch of her favorite outfits of mine and saved them through the years, but I was an only child, so it was easy for her to do that for me. Another friend's mother saved a bunch of dresses and such of hers and at the baby shower for her little girl, she posted pictures with the dresses of Lin in them along with the dresses she used as decorations. But she was one of two kids and the only girl. I guess my question is, is it practical to keep a box of favorite outfits for every child? My plan was to keep a box of special outfits to her and then pass along everything else to other friends with girls, her future siblings, etc. But I think there should be a few things that only belong to each kid. Just as I think that every child deserves a few things that aren't hand-me-downs. But I doubt I'll be able to save as much as my mom saved and I don't know if I feel guilty about that or not. Thoughts?

6. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do about Fuss's birthday this year. We had the plan to go to Disney for her birthday weekend, but we decided to put it off until the fall when it's cheaper and my SIL and my nieces will be here. So I don't want to not do anything, but I don't want to have to spend a ton of money, either since we will in fact be spending money on the Disney trip, just not right away. So what-to-do?

7. I feel huge already, but my favorite maternity jeans are still too big and I haven't gained a pound yet. But I am visibly showing by a LOT. It feels weird because a lot of times I'm even beginning to feel a bit of the hardness that is the sign of pregnancy vs. just being fat. It's especially noticeable at night when - stomach sleeper that I am - I can't comfortably sleep directly on my tummy anymore. The Snoogle has come back to the bed, to my husband's chagrin, but I'm really appreciating it's support at night, and it's even more beneficial layered with my regular pillow since I'm still needing some elevation at night to help with the breathing issues leftover from my cold.


For more quick takes, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment