Tuesday, February 16, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
A bookstore/cafe kind of place. I know that there is no market for such thing in this day and age of Borders (love me some Borders!), but I have always thought that owning a bookstore would be so cool.

2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
I've always wanted to be a writer (novels and/or screenplays) but I don't know that I have the dedication, etc.
But then, there's the teaching thing. Of course, watching my BFF realize her dream of teaching over the last 2 years has really burned me on the idea... I never wanted public elementary school like she has, but OMG the horror stories!

3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
My dogs. They nap, they play, they eat and then really do nothing to earn it.

4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
Maid!!!!!! Housekeeper, whatever, but someone to clean!!!!!!! I hate to clean.

5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?

6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Books. Purses. Take your pick on a given day. I'm worse about books than I am about purses, but that has more to do with my husband regularly encouraging me to purge my collection of purses.

7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
I always wanted to be on Family Double Dare when i was a kid. But that's about all I got.

8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
Either The Notebook (Allie) or Gone With the Wind (Scarlett) because OMG, why wouldn't you? There are some parts in musicals that I would love to play, but I think I'd like them better live, even though my dream musical role has a corresponding movie (Brigadoon - Fiona).

9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
A) See parts of Europe (I've never been out of North America)
B) Watch my kids grow up
C) Write a novel
D) Record some music professionally ( I don't expect it to sell, but I'd love to have a professional recording)
E) Watch Fuss walk down the aisle to a wonderful man and get married.

10. Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
My 28th birthday was pretty awesome. My husband sent me out in the morning with my mom for pedicures and make-overs and he watched my then-6 month old that I rarely got away from since I was BFing. He then took me out to a great restaurant with our best friends and we got a really nice hotel room and played drinking games with the friends. When they left, we spent the night at the hotel and realized a couple of fantasies. :) It was incredible.


3 comments:

  1. Family Double Dare!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about the book buying thing! I go through stages where I just can't stop buying them. Then, I realize I don't have enough time to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookstore & cafe combo - wouldn't it just be dreamy? I think I'd want a chandelier in mine. Is that too much? I love that money would be no object so turning a profit wouldn't need to be either.

    ReplyDelete