Monday, February 15, 2010

Sleep and Sickness

I am sick. Usually, I can manage not to get too bad when Fuss gets sick between the Zicam and the fact that mostly, her colds don't slow her down much so she's not real clingy, etc. Not this time. And it's wreaking havoc on my sleep patterns which were already seriously messed up from all her sleepless and much-interrupted sleep nights. Fun. I spent Saturday night on the couch for 4 hours, attempting to keep from suffocating by sleeping sitting up. You can imagine the back aches.

Fuss slept in her new Big Girl Bed for a nap on both Saturday and Sunday. She's doing okay, but neither nap was her usual 2 hours or more. Is that due to the coughing she's dealing with, or the new bed, I don't know. But we are going to continue the nap-time in the BGB and the crib at night for a week or so. Then we shall see. Hopefully, we will all be feeling better by then.

I still need to order (or have my MIL order) her new quilt, so that her birthday present is complete and then I will take a picture to share. I think it's gonna be cute. My mom keeps arguing with me about my choice of quilts - not that she doesn't like the one I chose, but that there are other, better ones. And you know, she's right. But I really want to do a pink and green theme and this one is pink and green and the others have a lot more of the other colors like purple and blue. And they're pretty, but it messes with my plan, so I like this one. And when we hopefully get the garage converted and move Fuss into her own room, I want to do the whole thing in pink and green and flowers and butterflies (some of her favorite things) so I thought she'd go along with it, but my mom has an opinion on everything, I guess. Hahaha.

Looking forward to nap time this afternoon. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment