Monday, January 25, 2010

Very Pregnant/ And Why this one's different

I am about 7 weeks, 3 days pregnant. I am already showing severely (I haven't been skinny in years, so I've always had a soft-ish belly) but but really, I look like I'm seriously further along than my less-than-2-months. I know they say that you show earlier the second time around, but I'm feeling like a cow right now. I introduced maternity pants to my working wardrobe early on the last time, because sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day, it was just so much more comfortable to have something stretchy, but I need them this time around.

I craved vegetables last time - loved broccoli especially. My other big cravings included burritos (with lots of melted cheese) and milkshakes/ice cream (I preferred milk shakes, but would accept ice cream if a shake was unavailable). I haven't had the need for milk shakes yet, but I haven't had one since finding out I was pregnant, either, so we shall see. But I'm loving morning eggs - over easy with cheese melted on top - more than I can ever remember doing so.

Last time, I would go to work and be ready to fall asleep by 3:00. By the time I got home from work at 6, I would fall asleep on the couch while my husband would cook dinner. Drove him crazy. I took naps every weekend day and I took a few extra days off work to rest up. Nowadays, I can take a little down time some days, occasionally even take a nap while Fuss is sleeping. I'm a little better at the end of the day, but so often, I am so ready to collapse long before my usual 10:00 bedtime. And I don't get nearly as much done around the house, since I'm using up more of my Fuss naptime time to rest myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment