Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10 on Tuesday: Books

It’s another themed week. This week: Books. This one will strike the fancy of many of you. I fear that I’m going to feel worse about myself after this. As a lover of reading, I’m shocked at how few books I actually remember. So let’s see how this goes.

1. Favorite book(s) when you were a child and why?
The Good Night Book by Eloise Wilkin, The Velveteen Rabbit, my mom and I read Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables and The Narnia Chronicles once I was a little older.

2. First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).
The Zion Covenant series by Brock and Bodie Thoene. There were probably others, but that's what I remember specifically

3. Favorite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
So many... and I always read the book. The Notebook is probably my favorite.

4. Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
You’ve Got Mail. gotta go with Chelsea's answer here.

5. Worst book you’ve ever read?
I usually block them from my memory.

6. Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.

7. If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
The Notebook, the Bible, and Gone With the Wind (because at least it would take lots of time to read)

8. Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
I have a series that I would recommend - the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson. (begins w/ The Negotiator) the series so beautifully spells out different aspects of God, and a lot of the excuses that adults use or have to keep from accepting God.

9. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?
Chick Pop Lit (especially of the British variety like the Shopaholic series) or Nora Roberts.

10. What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
Love and Respect.

For more 10 on Tues, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I read the Zion Covenant series too! I think those books are probably what sparked my love of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what got me hooked on that point in history, too, though an awesome 4th grade history teacher hooked me on the subject even before I read those books.

    ReplyDelete