Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Several Random Things

Last night The Fuss started to wail and wail around 9:00. We both went into her room to look for her paci or to see if her Maddie the Monkey (her favorite lovie) had fallen out of the crib, as sometimes happens and then she can't put herself back to sleep without them.

She had all her things and continued to cry, standing at the wall of her crib and reaching for us.
My husband left her to cry it out by herself, but I went ahead and scooped her up and sat with her in the chair in her room. She stopped crying immediately, and settled onto my lap without a problem. She fell asleep in my arms. I sat there thinking about how big she's gotten - she doesn't fit perfectly in my lap/arms like she did when she was just a baby - she has to sit on my lap and flop forward to put her head on my shoulder. I thought about how she is my baby - but if/when we have another kid, she won't be the ONLY baby. It made me want to cherish the moment for awhile. I thought I was going to have to justify my actions to Daddy Fuss, when I came out - we really relish our alone/quiet time, and we had been watching a movie together - but I was so sure that rocking her for a few minutes meant more than watching a movie. She's growing so fast that I felt like I won't get this time back - let me just enjoy having only one that I need to care for, etc.
Of course, I would have had to justify it less if she hadn't woken up when I set her down and began to wail again when I tried to leave. :)

_____________________________________

I woke up last night at 12:45am. I had to pee. No biggie, this happens once or twice a night. I got up, I went to the bathroom, I climbed back in bed. Only to discover that I had to pee again.
And again. And again.
I was up until after 3:30 (at which time I stopped looking at the clock) with frequency/urgency and some sharp pains and a lot of pressure down below.
I know these symptoms. I've had them before. I used to get frequent UTI's and I'm prone to a really bad type that cause kidney stones if I don't get it treated immediately.
I debated my options for treatment. There is an urgent care/ER down the street, but when I get kidney stones, I shouldn't drive (pain causes me to pass out) and we had the baby asleep in her bed. I also only like to go to the ER (does anybody actually LIKE to go to the ER? You know what I mean) when there is, in fact, an emergency. So a UTI by itself wouldn't count, but kidney stones would. But I didn't really have the major pain associated with stones, so I waited until morning.
But my new insurance doesn't kick in until October 1st, and I don't have a primary doctor right now because of a bunch of insurance jumping around over the last several years.
So I had to go to a walk-in clinic this morning. I had to pack up my active, wiggly toddler and go sit in a waiting room with a bunch of people who didn't feel well for whatever reason. They didn't want a toddler yelling at them and banging the mini blinds against the windows, etc. I felt bad, but what can I do?
I felt better this morning, but still have the frequency/urgency. Driving me crazy, actually.
I'm also 10DPO, so there is a concern about what meds can be given during a (potential) pregnancy. (Usually, I'd take Cipro - but that is a big no-no during pregnancy. Causes defects, apparently.) I keep feeling like I might be pregnant, but I can't tell if it's wishful thinking or actual premonition. The test I took this morning before I left for the doctor was negative and they ran another one for me at the office, also negative.
But, so was the test for infection.
So here I sit, having to pee constantly, with less than 5 hours of sleep from last night. Hopefully, this will resolve soon.

____________________________________

Do you remember the Rice Krispies commercial with the 3 little girls having breakfast w/ their daddy? Every time I saw that commercial (I haven't seen it in awhile, but it's been in the last year or so) I would think of my husband/our family. Something about it always made me think we'd have 3 little girls. That came up in conversation this weekend with Daddy Fuss. He said," oh dear. I will spend all my time being a puddle of mush. You'll have to clean me out of the carpet all the time."
I would love to have 3 little girls. The idea thrills me. Growing up, my jr high best friend was the oldest of 4 girls. They were all carbon copies of each other, too. You could see the stair-steps if they stood next to each other. Dark, curly hair, big bright eyes. I'd love that. But I do eventually want to give my husband (and his family) a son, as well.
I guess we will have to see what God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment