Sunday, September 20, 2009

Under the Weather

I have been "under the weather" all weekend. This began at 3am Friday night (er, Saturday morning) when I woke from sleep and realized that I was in pain all over. my joints ached and ached. At5:15 I took my temp (charting) and it was almost 100 degrees. Oops. I dosed myself w/ Tylenol and went back to bed until the dogs woke me at 7:30. Still felt awful, but got up to let them out and climbed back in bed just in time to hear The Fuss wake up and my dog start to bark. He got the baby and I got her milk, mumbled something about being sick and going back to bed and fell back into bed.

The Tylenol helped control the fever. As long as I took it every 4 hours (with one or two mid-dose doses of ibuprofen... I've heard about a lot of moms doing that for their kids for bad fevers, I figured it couldn't hurt me, either...) I could function at least, even if I was extremely uncomfortable all day long.

I took a soak in the tub w/ The Fuss around 7:30. After that, I finally felt human again for the first time all day. (After the Fuss went to bed, Daddy Fuss had a fight, which didn't really help the whole "feeling bad" thing, but we got through it, and then things were much better.) I had a decent night's sleep.

I had some trouble waking up Sunday AM, so he got up w/ Fuss and I got up about 20 minutes later. Soon after, I felt a weird feeling in my tummy and rushed to the bathroom. I'll spare you the details, but let it be known that something wasn't right. And this happened several times throughout the day, so there was definitely something wrong with me, overall.

But we had tons to do - we collected stuff from my mom's for the garage sale, and had to borrow my dad's van to cart it all over. And it started to rain as we were finishing up, so then we had to return the van in a major downpour. (Seriously. As we were driving to my dad's house, we came to a point where I couldn't see the road. This is not a shocker - we get plenty of rain/lightnight/thunder storms in FL, but I had the wipers on full blast and they still couldn't keep up. Thankfully, it's a straight shot to my dad's and there was very minimal traffic, so we didn't have any problems.) We ended up getting pizza for dinner and renting a movie from Blockbuster.

I was finally feeling a little more like myself, but I'm still dealing with these random headaches. And now, apparently insomnia (what is that about? I rarely get insomnia, but there is so much going through my head right now, I guess.) I guess part of my frustration with that is, I so rarely get insomnia that I don't know how to handle it. Usually, I just stay in bed and try and bore myself into sleep. But tonight, the more I tried to do that, the more my mind raced with things to do and projects to start/research, and things to find, etc. Since I have to get up early on Mondays, this is a problem. A Major problem. I will not be functioning at my best level in the morning. I REALLY need my 7-9 hours to be at my best. And the Fuss has already begun her night-wailing so, I know she's not getting her best sleep, either and this leads me to believe it's going to be a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment