Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It burns near my heart...

We went to my mom's house for dinner and a computer lesson last night (Daddy Fuss was GIVING the lesson) and my step-dad made home made Thai food. I love his cooking. He loves all sorts of eastern cuisine and my favorite is Thai. He likes things spicy (he typically adds spice to everything he eats from pizza to pasta), but usually makes a full meal with mild spice and lets everyone add their own blend of hotness. I didn't add any hotness to what he made last night, though I'm a spicy lover myself. It was delicious!

But oh, did I pay for it afterward! I began to feel uncomfortable on the way home, but remained upright for an hour or so thinking that would help... No such luck. I took a Pepcid - my old friend from late pregnancy days. Worked for a bit and I was able to fall asleep. But 2 hours later I woke to this horrific pain in my chest.

For the next two hours, I dozed sitting upright on the couch in my living room. Talk about uncomfortable.

I went back to bed around 2:30. I woke again at 3:30 and propped up my pillows so I was angled up a bit more. That helped tremendously. By the time I woke at 5 (don't ask me why I woke at 5 - I have no idea) I felt like my chest wasn't trying to burst down the middle for the first time all night. I didn't get much sleep (my husband's alarm went off at 5:30, mine went off at 6 and in between, The Fuss woke up and started to cry. She put herself back to sleep while I was taking my temperature (weird results, but the time was off and I hadn't gotten 2 solid hours of sleep prior to taking it, so who knows?), but I was awake anyhow.

I had half a soda with my breakfast this morning at work and I started to feel funny again. What is with the heartburn?I am sooooo over it right now.

+++++++++++++++++

My SIL, LP offered to take the Fuss for a few hours this afternoon. I went to the library, did some laundry, went to the children's consignment shop, and didn't have to share my lunch with anybody. It was nice and peaceful. So here I am, waiting for her to come home. Shouldn't I be out celebrating the freedom?

No comments:

Post a Comment