Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Juggling 2

I've been babysitting today. I was asked to watch my best friend's youngest when a schedule conflict came up in their family. I didn't want to. I really didn't want to, but in the end, I decided it wouldn't be that bad (we didn't know how long initially - whether until 6PM or 2 - you get the idea) and it might be an intersting challenge for me. Her son, C, is 13 months older than The Fuss and I figured, if I can handle the two of them, then I can handle her and a baby, right?

My biggest concern was The Nap. The Fuss has a very regular nap schedule (goes down between 9:30 and 10AM and again between 2:30 and 3:15) and C only does one, that varies, but averages starting around 12:30. Yeah. I was pretty afraid that I wasn't going to get ANY down time, but I've scored a few minutes and I just got the call that she is on the way home. Even if C wakes up soon, I'm still feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

I wonder sometimes - usually on the bad days - how am I ever going to handle 2 of them at the same time? And while I'd say The Fuss is a little high maintenance, she's actually pretty good about the usual things. (She's really just a bit of a Drama Queen - she usually sleeps well and eats well, etc.) But what if the next baby isn't? What if he/she is refluxy and can't be put down to sleep and cries 24/7? I know it comes down to "I'll handle it" but there are still these concerns.

In related news, I am on CD30. I honestly have no idea what to expect - I think my longest cycle pre-pregnancy was 32 days, but usually more like 29. I've had no more spotting since Sunday, so if there is still no more sign of the coming Crimson Wave then I'll test some time this week. I have no sore chest, no utter fatigue (beyond what I've been feeling for weeks) but I can't remember when those symptoms hit last time.

The other thing is, I may not have Oed. I don't know. This is what happens when you don't temp and you only sporadically check your CM. Ah well. We shall see, huh? Maybe God has something in store for me other than drinking at my birthday party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment