Friday, August 7, 2009

I could really use a nap

I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Ny.quil at night to help quell the coughing (oh, the coughing - I am so sick of coughing) so I could sleep. I was having some really good sleep, too. It didn't really change my patterns (I still have to get up at least once every night to pee - I guess this will never stop, huh?) but I would sleep really good, especially for the first half of the night.

But now that I have stopped taking Ny.quil, apparently that is over. I cannot seem to get a good nights' sleep. And the few times I do finally fall into a nice, deep sleep, it's on the days when I have to wake up to the alarm at 6am and so my section of "good, deep sleep" is interupted.

Yesterday, I ended up with a horrible headache in the afternoon and took a nap while the Fuss took her afternoon nap. I slept pretty good for a little over an hour, but then I had even more trouble falling asleep last night. My body was tired, but my brain kept going on and on.

So, no naps for me today, and my dear, darling husband promised to let me sleep in in the morning. Isn't he great? I can only hope that I can get a good night's sleep tonight without medical intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment