Thursday, April 12, 2007

On music, drinks and spring babies

I really want a spring baby. I have had this thought before, but I related it to wanting my sister to be here for the birth and recently found out that she will not be able to return to the states next spring (unless finances change drastically, and since and her husband are missionaries, that is unlikely). I would love to get PG over the summer and have a spring baby. I also really want to be PG, regardless of birth month. I am still trying to get PG with all my might.

I had a crappy day at work yesterday and went home and just wanted to drink. I had planned to stop drinking for the month over the weekend (Saturday was my last drink) since I’m “only drinking when AF is in town” in case I get PG. I needed to relax last night, so Mr. Moose told me to have a drink anyway. It was nice.

I’m on CD 10 and I feel like I’m about to get my period. I have lower backaches that come from inside (not like sore muscles) and mild discomfort (like light cramps) in my abdomen. This began yesterday afternoon. Yuck. What is going on here?

In non-cycle news:
Smarshy did a great post today on Buggin’s iPod choices and asked the follow up question, “what’s on your iPod?” I choose to answer him here, to give both you (the couple of readers I have) and myself a break from the cycle stuff. However, it would take me FOREVER to type it all out, so I will give you highlights.

Alanis Morissette: multiple selections from Jagged Little Pill. This brings me back to high school (when Ironic was oh, so popular and was on the most requested list for WEEKS and when it was cool to write out song lyrics you loved and share them with your friends and wanna be boyfriends). I love her dark humor. Ironic, Mary Jane, Not the Doctor, Head Over Feet and You Learn

Allison Krauss: When You Say Nothing At All. This song was sung at our wedding during the “pre-show” by a girl who was in the Youth Group we worked with at the church. Our pastor’s son, Seth, who was also in the YG at the time did the accompaniment on the guitar and he looks like a Beatle (early years) in the wedding video. The bowl haircut, the suit and tie. Funny. Very pretty song.

All-4-One: Again, high school memories. I remember declaring that I would fall in love with any guy who dedicated this song to me. No one ever did.

The theme from Angel (the TV show). Hey. It’s really pretty and I was a fan.

BNL: Mr. Moose hearts BNL. We’ve even been to a concert on New Year’s Eve. Best concert EVER. I’m mostly a Stunt fan, so I have It’s All Been Done and Who Needs Sleep.

Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson (second album) highlights. I love Before He Cheats and Since U Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes.

Lady Marmalade, Moulin Rouge version. I love this soundtrack. My sister got me hooked on the movie. Beautiful.

Evanescence: Going Under and My Immortal. If I were to audition for American Idol, there is a good chance I would sing My immortal, just because I think it’s beautiful.

The Fray: I got hooked on How To Save a Life during the Grey’s Anatomy promos this year. I HEART this album. It was an impulse buy of Mr. Moose’s for Valentine’s Day this year. It was a great purchase.

Jann Arden’s Insensitve. Again with the high school memories, but this is a GREAT SONG! I remember my old friend Carrie and I screaming “How do you teach your heart it’s a crime to fall in love again” every time we would listen to it.

Jewel’s Foolish Games. Okay, maybe this will be my American Idol audition.

Mandy Moore singing “Someday We’ll Know” on the A Walk To Remember soundtrack.
Come What May by Nicole Kidman and Ewan Macgregor in Moulin Rouge. I consider this one of my favorite love songs. Ever.

Norah Jones’s Love Me Tender. This is just so beautiful.

Pink: Don’t Let Me Get Me. I actually prefer her first hit There You Go, but for some reason I don’t have that one.

Higher Ground by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. A very upbeat song for when I’m sluggish.

Sandi Patti’s Make His Praise Glorious, Switchfoot’s Only Hope (another audition option) and You, Stacie Orrico’s Stuck, SHeDaisy’s Don’t Worry ‘Bout A Thing (my mantra).

Assorted Tim McGraw (mostly from Set This Circus Down and Dance Hall Doctors), Angry American by Toby Keith (my cousin the ex-Marine played this at his wedding just before he went off to war in Iraq) and The Association’s Cherish, Time For Livin’ and Enter the Young. I grew up not allowed to listen to “secular” radio. My “rock music” was the music of my mom’s generation – I literally listened to records in the 80’s. My favorite group was The Association. I’ve actually considered naming my daughter Windy after the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment