Was just informed that today March 22, is Kids Eat Free at Chili's. I might have to convince my husband we need to go out...
1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Ketchup (mostly because Fuss LOVES it) and mayo.
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
Steak - medium rare, burgers, medium to done. I don't like the burgers charred, but they shouldn't be pink. I accidentally ordered one medium rare once and... well, it was the last time I threw up while pregnant with Fuss!
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
I slice 'em, sprinkle a little pepper and some salt on them and eat them for a side veggie w/ dinner. Yum.
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Appetizers from the fridge. I find a mish-mash of frozen appetizers and cook them up. But it's pretty darn rare that I don't feel like going out, it's more like when my HUSBAND doesn't feel like going out, or says we can't.
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Cereal. Either Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter or Granola w/ raisins.
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
I used to be all about the baked goods for breakfast - muffins, croissants, etc. But my husband got me hooked on HIS weekend breakfasts when I was pregnant with the Little Man and now one of my faves is his sausage gravy and biscuits. SOOOOOO yummy.
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
My husband is the grill master, but I love to eat grilled burgers, steaks and salmon. My favorite way to do the salmon is to soak it in a marinade - Lawry's makes a great one that is mesquite and lime flavor and then grill it with some herbed or cheesy potatoes.
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I like a nice blush wine any day and I can usually find them at the grocery store for about $6. My favorite is by Alice White called Red Lexia, but I've not been able to find it lately.
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
A Cosmocello. (I stole the idea from a drink by the same name made at, Maccaroni Grill - I think.) Double shot of Limoncello, shot of vodka, over ice and then Cran-Raspberry juice. So delicious!
10. How do you like your eggs?
Benedict. Or at least over easy with cheese on them. Or in my husband's sausage gravy.
For more 10 on Tuesday, visit Chelsea here.