Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 on Tueday

1. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
For the longest time, I would have to say either Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (the only movie I have ever walked out of because it was so awful) or Pitch Black (Vin Diesel at his worst), but then my step-dad introduced me to a movie that was so awful... The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (or something to that effect) and, well, that is probably the winner as far as bad movies go. Really. Terrible. The ONLY thing that got me 2/3 of the way through it was the fact that an actress I once liked was the main child character in the movie and I kept hoping it would get better...

2. Do you have a favorite Disney/Pixar film?
Ah, Disney movies. Do you specifically want Pixar films? That would be Monsters, Inc. But if you're talking Disney animated and just throwing in the Pixar to widen the genre, I'd give you the list of all my favorite Disney animateds...
Classic Disney animated, Sleeping Beauty, with Snow White as a close 2nd.
Modern Disney animated, Beauty and the Beast, with Aladdin as a close 2nd.
I honestly prefer 2D animation to the digital images, since I feel like those are akin to actual art, as opposed to computerized art, but I did truly love the plots of both Monsters, Inc. (I cried - at an animated film, did the same for Up!, but then, when I saw Up! I was pregnant, so it might not count...) and Finding Nemo, so they get a lot of credit for that.


3. Do you have a favorite movie from the 80′s?
Does The Parent Trap II count? I LOVED that movie (came out in 1986)

4. Are there any movies you saw more than once in the theater?
Plenty in the old days, but the last one I saw more than once in the theater was Titanic if that tells you how jaded I have become about giving the theaters my money multiple times...

5. What is one city/area of the US (or country you live if you do not live in the US) that you have not seen but would like to see?
Washington State/Oregon wine country. This is a big, planned vacation for me and my husband, but we want to do it sans kid(s) and when I'm not pregnant, so it's gonna likely be awhile.

6. What are your favorite toppings on an Ice Cream Sundae?
Hot fudge, caramel, maraschino cherries, chocolate chips

7. How many proms did you go to? What color was your prom dress? If you went to multiple proms, what color was your favorite prom dress?
We weren't allowed to dance at my high school (or even allowed to dance at another high school if you attended our high school, though those rules have since been changed...) so we didn't have "prom" per se, but had a formal dinner we called Jr/Sr Banquet. I went to the both my Jr and Sr year banquets. (You were not allowed to go if you were not of age, even if your date was)
My mom made both of my dresses (a very popular thing at my school - most of my friends formal dresses were custom made by a mom or a seamstress) and Jr year it was teal blue, and Sr year it was spearmint green. I loved them both, but looking back at pictures, I love the teal blue one was the best.

8. Is there a sport or extra-curricular activity that you didn’t get to try as a child that you wish you would have? (e.g. gymnastics, piano lessons, ballet, etc.)
I did all the extra curricular activities that I wanted to, at some point. I took piano for years (i'm not very good) and took ballet off and on until a horrible teacher soured me on it, Children's Theater, baseball, tennis, etc. The only thing I wish I had stuck with longer/more advanced was gymnastics. I took a pre-school class when I was very little and I loved it, but when I outgrew that instructor, I didn't go on and I wish I would have.

9. How many silblings do you have? Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
None, technically, I am an only child. I adopted my older sister (but there is no legal or blood relation) and I now have 3 step-brothers, but we didn't grow up together (I was almost 26 and married when our parents got married). I am older than all of my step-brothers.

10. Do you feel like you fit in with your age group? Or do you feel younger/older than your age group?
It depends on who I'm with when that question is asked. For the most part, I feel like my peers (as in those who are the Exact same age as me) act either younger than me or my same age (I have 2 friends who were born the same year as me, and they are about the same in maturity as I am. However, most of the time, I think people my own age are a lot less mature than I am. Maybe that comes from being an only child (and therefore hanging out w/ a lot of adults/my parents friends) or maybe it comes from always having friends who were older than I am. My husband is younger than me (6 mos by the calendar, but graduated a year behind me) and he is the youngest in our circle. He's really the only friend younger than me that matches my maturity.

(For what it's worth, I think this was one of the best sets of questions I've seen on 10 on Tuesday, but that might be because it was all stuff that really interested me...)

For more 10 on Tuesday, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the questions- be sure to tell Lisa!

    I teared up when I saw Up... I wasn't pregnant. I would have cried if I was alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wasn't pregnant when I saw Up, but I bawled. My husband looked at me funny. I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete