Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Writing, writing, writing

My usual random Wednesday is to be interrupted by my new obsession with writing again. I woke (early. very early.) on Tuesday with thoughts on the next section of a story I had written years ago and not touched since before Fuss was born and I'm getting back into it. I've been wanting to work on my writing for awhile now (Maggie inspired me back in November... what can I say? I'm a procrastinator...) and this is one of the first things that has gotten me truly excited, with a chunk of ideas. Unfortunately, while I have a hard copy of the original pages, I don't have the file any longer (I have no idea which computer it would be on, either - and we have all our old hard drives stored up at my dad's building right now, so it's not even as "simple" as plugging them in one by one and figuring out where it is.) so I have to retype 17 single-spaced pages, plus the new material. And I'm finding that I'm editing as I type, so it's slow-going. But it's fun. I'm excited. I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I haven't decided how much I'm going to discuss here - Maggie didn't talk about any of hers, and that drove me nuts, as a faithful reader, but I can kind of see her point. We shall see. But I'm hoping to have a lot more of this developed before the baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment