Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Slightly Less Girly Me

Last night my husband took me to my first hockey game. I have never been a big sports fan by any means, but until I married my husband the only professional sports games I had ever been were baseball games where my elite high school ensemble sung the National Anthem and we then got free seats in the nosebleeds as compensation. (And the girls would sit around and talk while the boys would alternate between flirting with the girls and watching the game.) So anyway, he's now taken me to all the professional sports teams around the area now (he took me to a Rays game that I actually watched a couple years ago, a Bucs game, and we've been to a Spring Training Yankees game as well) and I gotta tell you... I really like hockey.

Now, I've always thought of myself as a girlie girl. I don't like to sweat and I don't like sand and dirt. I like make up and pedicures and frilly dresses (I like the look of heels, but I can't seem to bring myself to wear them often and I really can't wear those really high ones. Not because I can't walk in them, but because I refuse to sacrifice my comfort for pretty, sexy shoes). But I'm starting to realize that there is more to me than the boundaries of that label. I like to go to the shooting range and fire off a couple of rounds from a .40-caliber handgun. And I like hockey games.

(Unfortunately, the Lightning lost in double overtime, but it was a fun time anyhow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment