Monday, April 11, 2011

Dream Date, Pictures, etc.

We went to a Brazilian Steakhouse this weekend and I basically had the fantasy date I mention during last week's 10 on Tuesday. My friend M was babysitting and she helped Fuss clean her room while we were out. We had a fabulous meal, a nice bottle of wine, discovered a new dessert liquor (Amarula) and picked up dessert (Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory) for us and M but didn't have enough room to eat it, so we saved it for the next day.

We had a good weekend. We got the kids pictures taken on Saturday, and while I didn't think either of them smiled up to their potential (Fuss kept doing this fake smile, where she showed her bottom teeth really strangely and Little Man wouldn't seem to smile until after the camera was set down (when he would then give the most beautiful smiles), the overall shots were pretty good.

We had them done at Penney's. We like Penney's and they had done a terrific job on Fuss's 6
month pictures
, nearly 3 years ago. But I think only giving a 10-minute slot is ridiculous when you have small children and especially a baby. I think we would have gotten some better smiles if we had had more time in the studio for the Little Man to adjust to what was going on.

I think I really get why people are so willing to spend some bigger bucks on a photographer to do some more personalized shots of the kids and/or the family. I am seriously jealous of some the shots some of my friends have had done.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, only 10 minutes? We've only been to a department store portrait studio once (Younkers, when M was 2 weeks old for family shots), but I swear we got a half an hour. We loved the pictures, but never ended up going back...my dad has an awesome, really expensive camera and takes TONS of pictures of M, so we figured we had enough. Plus, we happened to get awesome family pics right around her 1st and 2nd birthdays (1st bday at my sister's wedding, 2nd on our cruise).

    ReplyDelete