Sunday, April 3, 2011

No more pacis

We did the "paci exchange" this weekend. We've been talking about it for a week with Fuss, telling her about how when she was ready, we would go to Target and pick out something and then we'd turn in all of her pacis, even the one on Maddie the Monkey, and she would get a present and her pacis would go to some baby girls who needed them. She started talking about it on Friday night and then again on Saturday morning. We told her that if she was ready, we'd go right then.

We searched her room for pacis and put them into a baggie. We took them to Target where she insisted that she wanted "Checkers" but kept reaching for a Travel Scrabble game. We explained that that wasn't really the ideal game for her - since she can't read or spell, Scrabble wasn't going to really work very well. And for some strange reason I had the hardest time finding a standard Checkers game, so we directed her toward the regular toys and she fell in love with a stuffed puppy dog that came in one of those fancy pet carriers and had a leash, etc. She named it after one of her favorite Princesses, Tiana.

Nap time on Saturday went okay. She didn't go down easy, but that happens pretty often. She also didn't stay down for a really long time, but the 3+ hour naps are much fewer and further between than they used to be, so this wasn't a shocker. But night time has been much more difficult. It has taken her HOURS to settle down and stop calling for us for some little thing or another.

I have been SO tired lately, but can't seem to adjust to Daylight Savings Time and can't seem to go to bed before 11:00pm. I can't seem to get through the tiredness and I usually end up hitting a brick wall mid day and desperately want a nap (whether I get one or not, is questionable.)

I need more sleep.

Little Man has been SO fussy lately and is sleeping better at night, but worse (well, not as long) during the day. I suppose I can handle that - I'd rather not be waking 5-8 times during the night to walk across the darkened house to put a paci back in his mouth. But I wish he'd go back to the more than an hour long nap. I guess you can't have everything.

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't adjusted to DST either ... it's a bitch, isn't it?

    Sleep is for the weak. Or so I have to tell myself to keep from going insane. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April - then I confess, I am weak. I need sleep. I think I might need a lot more than I'm getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Margaret never wanted pacis. It would have been easier at first, but at least we didn't have to give them up!

    ReplyDelete