Tuesday, April 19, 2011

10 on Tuesday: Book Love

1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?
Well, it depends on who it is and what they're asking for, but if they are open to Christian fiction I go with either Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers or anything by Karen Kingsbury. I also adore everything by Nicholas Sparks.

2. Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?
I buy a lot of books and now that I have my Kindle, I buy them on Kindle. I actually have a back-log on my Kindle right now, though, so I need to hold off on buying any more. I LOVE the concept of the library, but it is so hard for me to get there, browse, and then get back to return them. Fuss just isn't patient at the library. She won't settle down long enough to let me browse, so if I don't know exactly what I want to get, I don't bother.

3. E-readers, yay or nay?
Yay! I was given 2 physical books I really really wanted to read for Christmas - and I haven't read them yet. Ugh. I LOVE to read, but it's so much easier to cart the Kindle around than a regular book.

4. What was your favorite book as a child?
I have a lot of memories of reading books as a child. The first book I couldn't put down was Betsy's Little Star (which I can't find on Amazon. I could have sworn it was by Beverly Cleary, but Amazon can't find it. The only book by that title is different from the one I remember...) I also read the book Jamie and the Mystery Quilt (also out of print) about 20 times. As a younger child, I loved The Little Engine that Could and My Goodnight Book (still a favorite. My mom bought us a copy for Fuss)
I also loved Pollyanna and The Velveteen Rabbit. My mom used to read me those books and I loved them.
As a teen, my favorite books were The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn. (I couldn't find a listing for the whole series at once, so this is the first 3, though I preferred the stories more as they moved along to later years)

5. If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
Hmmmm. I don't know. Anne Shirley, maybe? Love me some Anne of Green Gables!

6. What book would you love to see turned into a movie?
Possibly The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks.

7. What is your all-time favorite book?
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. LOVE. IT.

8. How many books do you read at once?
Usually a couple going on at once. Up to 5 if we're talking both fiction and non.

9. What is your favorite book genre?
Non-smutty romances like Nicholas Sparks. I also have really been into Christian romances over the past year, a nod back to my high school days, I think.

10. Which Harry Potter book is the best? Or haven’t you read them at all?
I've read them all. I think one of my favorites was The Goblet of Fire. I also really liked The Half-Blood Prince but I hesitate to call it my favorite because I hate that a beloved character died. (so that I won't spoil it for someone who might not have read it yet.)

For more 10 on Tuesday, visit Chelsea here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting a karen kingsbury novel on my work flight today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been inside the library in ages. I request all the books I want on their webiste and pick them up at the pickup window. This is one reason I LOVE living in a bigger town/city.

    ReplyDelete