Monday, April 25, 2011

More hair, beautiful Easter, lots of family.

Her hair is growing on me (pardon the pun). At least I'm not mentally cringing every time I look at her now and I can see her hair and think that it's sort of cute.

And somehow, she still managed to get food in her hair last night. Sheesh.

We had a nice Easter celebration. We had a wonderful service at church and one of the songs for special music was an old favorite of mine from childhood so it's been in my head over and over ever since and it makes me happy. I LOVE Easter music. It's so victorious and happy. And considering the subject matter, it SHOULD be victorious. Jesus conquered death. He Lives. It's a beautiful thought.

My family always had nice, relaxing holidays growing up. There aren't a lot of us. I have 2 uncles and 5 cousins and my parents and my grandparents and rarely did we all get together. We would have a nice meal and sit around and visit, the men would take naps... it was all just so comfortable.

My husband's family had a very different tradition. He has 2 uncles and aunts, and between them, they have 12 kids (so his grandmother's grandchildren.) And they are LOUD. And now that they're older, most of the grand-kids are married and producing great-grandchildren. (Before she passed away last year, Gma liked to brag that she had 12 grandchildren, 8 grandchildren-in-law, and 10 great-grandchildren, with one on the way!) Since her passing, there have been 2 more births (including the one she knew about in our Little Man) so now it's 12 great-grand-kids. But they get wild and play games and rough house and jump around, so it's a very different situation between the 2 families. I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to have both. (But I sometimes wonder if my in-laws are bored out of their minds when they join my side of the family for a holiday).

1 comment:

  1. Our church pretty much only uses contemporary music and it makes me kind of sad on holidays when we don't sing my old favorites. It seems like something is missing. I always sing my favorite in my head (Up from the grave he arose! With a mighty triumph o'er his foes!)

    ReplyDelete