I read Mighty Maggie, Roots and Rings, Kendi Everyday that post 5 days a week. I check in on Jesabes, Something Different This Way Comes, Julia @Here Be Hippogriffs, and Mommy Words several times a week, but they don't usually post 5 days a week, so there isn't always something to read.
2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
When I was younger a had a School Best Friend, a church Best Friend and 2 best friends that didn't get distinctions. Now I have my best friend who is my husband, my best friend who I call my sister or sisterfriend and my best friend (who is really my 3rd best friend).
3. What’s your daily make up routine?
It varies depending on what I'm doing for the day and my mood. I wash my face in the shower and I put on make up ranging from eyeliner and clear lip gloss only to full-face foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, etc. If I'm hanging out at the house, I don't bother, but if I'm going out and hanging out with other adults, I do the full thing. If I'm running errands, it's somewhere in the middle.
4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
Nice dinner, great conversation, martini's and dessert.
5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
I've been putting polish on both lately, though I'd gotten out of the habit of wearing fingernail polish until recently. I think my feet look odd without polish, so I usually keep polish on the toes.
6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
Best? What do you mean, like wildest? Well....
- one of my first college roommates stole from me and got kicked out of school before the first of October. (she got kicked out for a myriad of things not just stealing from me) I had to start locking my wallet and phone cards in one of the bedrooms that belonged to other girls in the house we shared.
- Best like most fun would probably be the time almost all of us when skinny dipping 100 yards from the interstate.
- When my mom was more like my roommate than my mom, she used to have her boyfriends over and she was REALLY loud in the bedroom. Sometimes she knew I was home and sometimes she didn't. It was REALLY awkward.
7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
At this point, jeans and a tank top. And I truly hate to admit that. To dress it up, that tank top is changed to a sleeveless blouse that is actually a maternity top that looks really great even when I'm not pregnant.
8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Not really. I have nice hair, but that has more to do with the fact that I'm a natural redhead and I have never ever put a chemical in my hair - no dye or perms or relaxers, etc. My hair is really healthy.
9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
A little. My mom thought it was stupid, so I didn't read a lot of it.
10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
Mostly from watching my mom, a couple of Mary Kay consultants and the department store make up counter people. Also, instinct.