Monday, May 17, 2010

Top 12 reasons why I wish I could go back to bed

1. This is the Sunshine State, so why isn't it sunny? It rained all morning, dried up and left us with an incredibly humid few hours and now the black clouds are rolling in again. It's definitely not happy weather.

2. My husband took the only thing suitable for eating for lunch (for an adult) with him to work this morning, and forgot to tell me, so I didn't stop to pick up anything (even though I wanted to but was trying to be responsible and not spend unneeded money).

3. I am hungry and my options are quite limited.

4. My back aches and I've been having Braxton Hicks off and on all morning. Honestly, they started last night, but haven't been consistent enough to even bother with anything more than drinking a glass of water to slow them down. But they make me cranky when they go on for hours like this...

5. Fuss has been alternating between being randomly hyper and incredibly dramatic all morning. This in itself is enough to make me want to hide under the covers. I can't seem to keep up with her energy or her moods.

6. The baby began his nighttime kicking at 4am and proceeded to remind me he was there - very persistently - every time I would get incredibly comfortable. My alarm at 6 was not welcome.

7. My week ahead is not shaping up to be very exciting and I'm having trouble shaking this bad mood, so all I can see in front of me is the negative stuff...

8. I finished the only fiction book I've got right now this morning at work and all my non-fiction books are depressing me, so I don't even have something with which to curl up and read for fun.

9. We began to look at the I'm-not-working-because-my-job-ended-early budget last night and it sort of depressed me. We are a couple hundred dollars short every month without adding the expenses that I was hoping to include (like part-time day care for Fuss in the fall, a new couch and a new recliner).

10. I have no bras that are currently comfortable fore longer than a 2-hour stretch. This makes for really uncomfortable days.

11. I am out of margarita mix, so I can't even pretend to have a margarita tonight with dinner. (A good mix tastes very similar to a well-mixed margarita, so I am often able to fool myself into thinking that I'm having a cocktail, when in fact it is a mock-tail.)

12. We also couldn't find my favorite wine-alternative - Welches' Sparkling White Grape Juice - at the grocery store this weekend, so that option is out as well.

So, what do you think? SHould I go back to bed and forget this day ever happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment