Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Our weekend was fun, productive, and reasonably relaxing. Despite the fact that in my 29 years, I have never spent a Mother's Day apart from my mom and Grandma until this year, it was pleasant and nice.

On Saturday, we took my MIL to lunch at an Italian market (they have a deli and coffee bar where you can eat their various wares, plus a ton of authentic Italian stuff to make food with... not that I've ever done much of that... unfortunately, my idea of Italian food is lasagna made with Ragu spaghetti sauce... though it does turn out well...) and then met up again for an event called "Symphony Under the Stars" that is put on by Raymond James Financial for their employees, families and friends (they headquarter here) and features 5000+ people setting up lawn chairs and blankets on the football field the BUcs aren't currently using and listening to the FL Orchestra. It was a lot of fun, and it was a great way to relax and introduce the Fuss to concert-like stuff, without the pressure of making her sit still and be quiet (she is only 2, after all!). We hung out with my MIL and SIL J and J's best friend and her family. It was really fun and Fuss was a big hit dancing and singing, etc.

On Sunday, we attempted to sleep in (7am isn't what I had in mind!) and went to breakfast. We ran some errands and did some work around the house and just hung out together as a family. There was no pressure, no stress and very little planning. That evening, Daddy Fuss made me a wonderful fondue dinner and when Fuss went to bed, we ate dessert and watched a movie. It was a really great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment