Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Producive Excuses

Got nothing today except to retell you how tired I am and pat myself on the back for being very productive despite that fact. I worked my 6-hour (very quiet. these are the days when I understand why my dad is closing the store) shift, went to Target to buy dog food (and jeans for Fuss - the 2ts are WAY too big and she doesn't seem to have any 18 mos that I can find. I swear she had some last winter...) and came home to an extra dog (my mom's. she and step-dad are out of town) that my daughter is apparently terrified of, even when he's locked up.

So I sat her in her high chair (yes, she's still in a high chair. We have an amazingly high table and chairs to match, but apparently, most booster seats are still not high enough to get her to the proper height at the dinner table, so she still eats off the tray like she has since she started solids. The one booster seat I've found that gets her high enough is almost $40 at Target and we haven't yet found a place in the budget for such things. We will, it just isn't a priority right now. Let me know if you have any suggestions on booster things) to feed her lunch and then juggled letting all the dogs out (they hate each other) and cleaned the kitchen while she ate and the oven heated up for my lunch to be made. (I was having TGI Friday's southwest eggroll appetizers. I love them, I wanted them, they were on sale at Target and I couldn't remember what else there was for me to eat, so I did it). I put her down for her nap* and let the dogs in and put the eggrolls in the oven. I finished cleaning the kitchen just as my rolls were done and sat down to eat them (after locking up mom's dog. OMG is he annoying. He's a Scottish Terror, er, Terrier and he acts like a 2 year old with a bad reaction to Benedryl - he litterally bounces EVERYWHERE until you want to scream and punt him across the room. We try and lock him up before we do so). When Fuss got up, I mopped her bedroom floor, which I am embarassed to say has not been done in MONTHS. I reserve my mopping for when she is asleep, as a rule, and it is difficult to mop in the same room as a sleeping baby you don't dare risk waking. Besides, the Pinesol fumes would probably be bad for her.

I also put away GOBS of laundry and scored my best score yet on Bejeweled Blitz! on FB. I know, not exactly PRODUCTIVE, but hey, I'm only competetive about weird stuff, so what can I say?

*Last week, she offically had switched to one-nap-a day - her choice. Her napping schedule has almost always been her choice and when she finally decided that this was the time, I was happy (sort of) to go along. But this week? EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. this week, she has fallen asleep between 10:30 and 11:30 - mostly just laid down on the floor and closed her eyes for 10-30 minutes, depending on when I decide to wake her. What is up with that? Is that when she SHOULD be taking her nap? I hope not. I need the afternoon hours. The earlier she wakes up, the more time we have before Daddy Fuss comes home, and those hours are almost always trying. So I limit them. I'd prefer her to sleep at 2 or 3 and sleep until 4 or 5, though she often can't stand it that long and needs a nap by 1-ish. Which is fine, but then she's up in the 3:00 hour and I have at least 3 more hours until he comes home. Makes for some extra stress, let me tell you.

This is the weirdest post I've written in awhile. Very stream of consciousness, I appologize. It was also written over 2 days, so I don't know what date to post it under, though since it describes Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment