Friday, December 29, 2006

Random Thoughts for Today

I work in an office with several women under the age of 40 - childbearing years. I realize that they aren't married, but it sort of surprises me that neither of them seem to be even remotely thinking about marriage and babies. It’s on my mind all the time.

My sister in law is trying to get pregnant. I’d love to talk to her about it, but I always feel like she thinks I’m an idiot. There is no way she’d take advice from me, even if I’ve put in the research hours. She doesn’t even want to start reading any of the books because she thinks she’ll start obsessing over it. Mr Moose says she doesn’t think I’m an idiot, but every time she talks to me about an experience (planning the wedding, the wedding night, etc.) she talks down to me as if she knows better than I do. (She’s older). I helped behind the scenes of 7 weddings before I was old enough to drink. I did a lot of work on my BF’s wedding, too and had been planning my wedding since my sister got married when I was 15. I’m the type of person who when a project or event comes up, I do all the research. I’m scouring websites and books, etc. When I had gynecological surgery this past summer, I did research for weeks on best and worst possible outcomes, what it would feel like, etc. I’ve already read one pregnancy book (I highly recommend to anyone thinking about, TTC or already pregnant The Girlfriend’s Guide To Pregnancy – even if you already know what you’re doing, it’s worth it just for the laughs.)

I have the most wonderful husband in the world. It’s his last day off and he went to Bath and Body Works to buy me a wallflower so that our sunroom (that we put the dogs in while we’re gone) won’t smell so bad. B&BW is having its semi-annual sale this week. He even called to see if I wanted anything else. Isn’t he sweet?

SIL and BIL leave tomorrow. I’m so exhausted from trying to keep up with the family (they are all night people, I am certainly not) that I’m almost relieved.

Saw the Night at the Museum movie last night – I thought it would be really dumb and cheesy (“it’s like searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie”), but it was actually really quite funny and amusing, etc. It also put history in a positive light and might hopefully encourage some kids to do a little more reading in history, etc. so that was good. Mr Moose is a major history buff (I like history, too, but not like he does), so he really enjoyed those aspects of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment