Sunday, December 31, 2006

I resolve

I hate making resolutions for the new year, because people (including myself) always make these promises that they’re going to do better and then as soon as they slip once, they say “forget it – I’m already screwed” and drop it altogether.

However, there are some things I would like to accomplish in 2007, all of which are long-term goals, not something I can really say “oops! Well, that didn’t work out!” and give up on.

1. Lose weight: everyone says this. But for me, it’s going to go along with some other things as well, which may or may not make it more possible.
2. Eat better: I know, this is another common one. But I’m trying to better prepared my body for…
3. Get pregnant: We’re planning to actively start trying in early 2007 and I need to be at my best, health-wise. I want to give my baby an extra help I can to make him or her a very healthy child.
4. Learn to be less picky about food. I eat vegetables, but they are often the same 3 or 4 each night. I like broccoli and green beans and nice salad of romaine, tomatoes, etc. I also like peppers if they’re cooked in things (Thai food, spaghetti sauce) and Mr Moose occasionally convinces me to eat asparagus. We also like to feast on spinach artichoke dip, which I have to insist has at least SOME nutritional value. I love potatoes and carbs, so I really need to learn to watch that.
5. Another cliché: Get more organized/be less messy. I actually think that one causes the other. So I’m vowing to improve my organization skills and be less messy in my car, around the house and at my desk at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment