Thursday, December 21, 2006

"I've loved another with all my heart..."

My favorite book is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I’m totally addicted to it and I cry every time I read it. It is the most beautiful and poignant love story and I never tire of reading it. There is a quote in the first “chapter” that Mr Moose had engraved on a journal for me for our wedding.

“I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul and to me, this has always been enough.”

I haven’t written in that journal yet because I’m afraid to mess it up. I want to write our love story in it, the way the character in the book wrote theirs, but I don’t know how to begin it. I hope he doesn’t think I don’t love it, because I do.

Sometimes I feel like Mr Moose and I are the most special couple in the world. I look around at other couples (I won’t mention who here, but there are several) and I think “are we so different that we have something so incredibly special between us?” We are best friends. Have been for years. Even back when we were 16 and I gave him his first kiss (or did he take it? Don’t know) we were best friends before we were anything else. And now we are still best friends, though I use that title for my girlfriend, K. We are best friends, lovers, roommates and all of that together rolled into one is how I define “husband and wife.” But not everyone has that complete combo. I know several people who would not consider their husbands (or their wives) their best friends.

Still no word on whether or not we have a baby coming… Mr Moose was ready to test again last night, but my “What To Expect” book said that while most tests say they CAN detect the Hcg hormone level 4 days before your period, that it’s more accurate 1-2 weeks after. We’re going to do it Sunday morning, which is 10 days after my period was due. I looked up more on implantation bleeding and I’m still not convinced that what I had was or was not implantation bleeding. I truly have no idea. Of course, their description at Baby Center was pretty vague, but I guess it’s different for everyone. Depending on the outcome, I may still have to wait another 2 weeks or so to find out for sure. I’m due again January 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment