Monday, December 18, 2006

Title

I’ve been meaning to explain about the title of my blog. “Take the Deviled Eggs” was the title of an episode of Gilmore Girls, my favorite TV show in its 3rd season. That episode had some great quotes, including my favorite opening sequence entitled “Squeegie Beckenheim”. It also includes “green is the new pink” and “someone deviled egged my car”. If you’ve seen Gilmore Girls, you’ll understand what I’m talking about. If you haven’t – you should. My mother and I get together every Tuesday night for pizza and margaritas and we watch Gilmore Girls. Before we were married, it was Girls Night. No boys allowed. The one exception was my nephew when my sister was still living in the states and would join us. C (at the time, age 10 mos to 2 years) was the only boy allowed. Now that both mom and I are married (in her case again) we have “Family Night” and our husbands are allowed to join or not, at their will. Now that I have a house, mom has been more willing to come over and let us host. She almost never came over to our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment