Thursday, October 21, 2010

I need some cheese with my whine

I am so tired of people disappointing me.

My mom cannot seem to keep a reasonable schedule on her day off to save her life. I have 2 children. If she wants to see me on her day off (and heaven help me if I want to see her on a weekend - that just isn't going to happen! she is MUCH. TOO. BUSY. for her only child and her only grandchildren) why is it so incredibly hard to understand that my daughter goes down for a nap between 1:30-2:00 and therefore whatever we do needs to be completed by then? Therefore, starting at noon or 1:00 if we're going out just doesn't work! This morning, she told me "I just need to get some stuff done around the house this morning. We'll get together later to work on that!" Later? WHEN? 1) Vague times do me no good and 2) My kid naps the bulk of the afternoon away and I can't leave the house. Shouldn't we do our thing in the morning and then you can go home? And may I point out that this was 10:00. She hadn't even begun her chores.

And My husband's work hours are driving me batty. And while I understand that he has responsibilities and can't walk out the door at 5:30 on the nose, what kills me is that he seems to NEVER want/be able to speak up and say "I'm sorry, I have another commitment that requires me to leave tonight at a more reasonable hour." I'm not saying that he needs to do this every day, but I don't get why he feels he can't EVER do that. Most nights lately he doesn't get home until 7:00. Depending on the day, this sometimes means dinner doesn't get started until that time which means a very late eating time for Fuss. And when he can't even bother to call or text me to give me an idea of when he'll be home, it's pointless to make dinner ahead of time when it will be ruined or gross by the time he gets home. And forget having one meal a day that we can all eat together.

In other news, it's like my son knows just how far he can push me before I break. He had one night, weeks ago, where I got 5 hours of sleep in a row. It was wonderful. But he hasn't come close to repeating that again until last night when I so desperately needed it. So I got 5 full hours of sleep and it felt amazing. My headache of 24-hours finally lifted and while I'm still grumpy about all this junk this morning, I at least FEEL okay enough to deal with it. If I'd had another day like yesterday, I think I would have wanted to shoot myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment