Friday, October 15, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. I bought some new jeans this week. They do not have an elastic waistband, they didn't cost a fortune and they look nice on my butt. I will also be able to wear them for more than 3 hours at a time. Postpartum body win! They are also the same numeric size as my pre-pregnancy jeans, so I think they count, right? I'm just a different shape, so I needed a different style.

2. I'm having a minor issue the last few days with Little Man not feeling well. I want him to be awake more during the day/early evening hours, but he fusses so much because he's not feeling well. When I get him calm, he falls asleep. What to do?

3. I've been feeling a little burned out this week. The long days (Daddy Fuss is almost never home until nearly 7 anymore), the sniffly baby boy, Fuss arguing with me about everything throughout the day - it all is hitting me right now. I'm starting to have the dreams that I'm being crushed and the daily afternoon tension headaches. The couple hours of retail therapy I had on Wednesday helped. But the even-later-than-usual night Daddy Fuss spent working that night, took some of the relief away.

4. Had my postpartum appointment on Thursday and all checked out. My Dr's office started giving flu shots and vaccines (Dtap) and it's been at LEAST 12 years since my last vaccine (my Sr year of high school? maybe?) so I went ahead and got the Dtap since they especially recommend the Whooping Cough vaccine for those caring for babies under a year old. (They won't draw your blood at my Dr's office, but they can stab and inject, apparently.)

5. MOPs today! My first meeting. I had to miss the first one of the year on account of just having had a baby. (he was 8 days old) Very excited, though I don't know how I'm going to get all 3 of us up, ready and out the door before 9am. Good thing I live a 5 minute drive from the church. Looking forward to seeing some old friends.

6. At the end of my pregnancy, I was taking almost daily naps when Fuss went down for hers. When the baby first came home, I was doing the same (the old "sleep when the baby sleeps" mantra) but I'm down to only occasional naps now. It just so happens that over the last 3 weeks, I've taken maybe 3 or 4 naps total and 2 of those times, my dad has stopped by to drop things off to me and let himself into the back of the house as he used to when he was working here daily. Which is fine, except that now the back of the house is my bedroom. And I don't usually sleep fully clothed, so I can't just bounce up and say "hey dad! long time no see!" I wonder if he thinks I'm incredibly lazy and I sleep the day away every day?

7. Got a little tipsy Thursday night (planned to feed the baby by pumped milk) and was looking for some of my Luckies friends to chat with ("But they're your friends... not the kind you hang out with, but the kind you type to when you're drunk") online and no one seemed to be around. How disappointing.

for more quick takes, click here.


  1. Where did you get your jeans? I have to get my new ones shortened by a foot or so but I did the same thing - they are the same size as I wore before. Otherwise I'm still living in my Gap jeans.

  2. April - I bought them at Kohls. They're Lee brand and they are great. My favorite old ones are GAP, but my favorite ones are still 2 sizes smaller.