Tuesday, April 13, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan)
I have a list. My mom and gramma and I went to Prince Edward Island because of the Anne books, I've always wanted to visit Charleston, SC because of a couple of books written by Alexandra Ripley and a series I read as a child called the Mandy books (I think) and I was so excited to visit New Orleans (multiple times and I'm ready to go again) after reading New Orleans Legacy by Alexandra Ripley plus a number of other books that I've picked up specifically because they are about N.O. after I had been there the first time.

2. Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?
Possibly Fuss, though at this point in my life, going without kids would be ideal. I'd love to travel with my sister, too

3. Where would said dream trip be to?
Either Europe or the historical southern cities tour my husband and I have been planning for what seems like forever (St Augustine, Savannah, Charleston, Asheville, Williamsburg, etc.

4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
Clearwater Beach, Busch Gardens, and a real beach like Reddington or Indian Rocks (Clearwater Beach has become completely touristy - no locals really hang out there)

5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains?
City or mountains. I'm not a big beach person except for the sunsets...

6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
Never had a passport. I've been to Canada twice, but that was before you had to have a passport to go/come back from Canada, so I never got one...

7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
We have a bunch of shot glasses from various places we've visited since we've been married and a few mugs for coffee, as well. I used to collect pins or key chains, depending on the trip, but I've given those up completely. I wouldn't say we actually collect these things seriously, though. But I do like to get a souvenir from places we travel.

8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
It would probably be a blue or green and I'd name it after something in nature.

9. If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)
By myself? I have no idea. That baffles my mind. I've never been anywhere on my own (without meeting someone at the destination. I've traveled by myself) Probably some place with a great hotel and room service and shopping available nearby. I would likely spend a couple of days of alone time reading books and shopping.

10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?
Cajun spices and melted cheese or beignets and coffee (or more precisely, chickory) from the Cafe Du Monde and all of that reminds me of New Orleans, the best place for food in the world.

For more 10 on Tuesday click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment