1. Of your current hobbies, which would you choose to spend more time, money, and effort on? Why?
Man, my hobbies have really gone by the wayside in the last couple of years. (motherhood can apparently do that to you) But I sort of miss my drawing and I really wish I could spend more time and money on scrapbooking. I was really into it in college and it's really a lot of fun and useful. The scrapbooks I have from college and before are great for revisiting memories. I haven't even finished our wedding album (coming up on 5 years!) And I have purchased, but not even remotely started Fuss's first year.
2. List the two other hobbies/habitual activities (not chores) besides the one listed above that you regularly do now and didn’t choose in question one.
Reading (probably the only "hobby" I am really consistent about) and movie-watching.
3. Why are you spending time on the above two hobbies/habitual activities at all if you really wanted to spend your time on the first one you chose? …or to put it another way, what are these two hobbies/habitual activities fulfilling that the first one doesn’t if you don’t want to put all your effort into the first hobby?
Well, I really can't live without the reading, but I already spend most of my free time on that, so it's really more about what has been neglected. I need more time to devote to the scrapbooking, and it's hard to come by! And the movie-watching (I'm a serious movie buff) is something I can do with my husband, so that automatically gets more time than something I do on my own.
4. Ready John 3:16 in the bible… In what way does this passage affect you? What are your feelings towards these words, positively or negatively?
I think it's one of the greatest promises that we could ever be given.
5. M&M’s: nuts, no nuts, or peanut butter?
Def not peanut butter. In my opinion, those aren't M&Ms, they're Reeces! But I'm really a purist on M&Ms, so I'd say plain is the best way to go. Every once in awhile, I feel the need for peanut ones, but especially since Fuss seems to be allergic to peanuts, I am trying to stay away from some of that stuff!
6. Putting away the feeling of pride being a bad thing; what secretly/openly are you proud about yourself?
There are days, especially lately, when I really can't say I'm proud of myself about anything! But I think that I am very proud of our marriage - I think we have a really great marriage (better than most of our friends!) and it's something we really work at, so it's something to be proud of!
7. Given one room in the house to do with what you want, not changing the actual size of the room and with all the money you would need, what would you do, and be specific? (this can range from bouncy floor,walls & ceilings; to hard wood floor with wood paneling and purple ceiling with a chair; to nothing)
Our plan right now is to convert our garage into a master bedroom/half bathroom. And if I had an unlimited budget, that would be nice! I could do so much more with it! I'd really love to add a window seat and some built-in bookshelves and so on, plus put down some nice flooring (wood?) and maybe get some new bedding to make it look really nice, plus we're going to have to get some sort of closet stuff - like IKEA or whatever and with an unlimited budget I could get some really nice stuff!
8. What’s the next movie you’re going to see? Not what you’d LIKE to GO see, but the next movie you realistically are going to watch.
My mom and I are planning to see Dear John soon. I just hope it happens. My mom can sometimes flake on me about these things!
9. Use the keyboard only and make your best smiley/funny/cool face –> like this! 8^)
3=0) (a smiling moose!)
10. What makes you cry? What makes you pray? What makes you laugh?
I'm pregnant, everything makes me cry. Stress and concern make me pray. Fuss and Daddy Fuss make me laugh. Sometimes they are both so hysterical!
For more 10 on Tuesday, check out Roots and Rings.